Visiting a new church for the first time can sometimes be a bit confusing, we’ve included some frequently asked questions to help you feel more comfortable when you come to worship with us.
- Which service is right for me?
- Grace currently offers six different worship services with a variety of worship experiences. Please visit our Services section of this site for more details regarding each service.
- What can I expect at worship?
- Our church honors the authority of Scripture, you may also notice that the words in our worship service come from Scripture or are based upon it. The pastor’s message applies the Scripture to our daily lives. Services last about an hour.Each of our services provides a bulletin or a video screen so that you can participate in the worship experience
- Where should I park?
- There is parking in the front parking lot of the church on 13th street. There is also parking in the back lot, behind the school, which is accessed from Redwood Street.
- What should I wear?
- Since the Bible does not present a dress code, we do not either. It is common for worshipers to dress, “California Casual”. You can wear whatever you are comfortable with, we are here to worship God.
- What about my children?
- Nursery care, for ages 0 to 2, is available during all Sunday worship services. For parents of children checked into the Nursery pagers are available. Pagers are set for a low vibration and the nursery staff will alert you if your child is crying and unable to calm down.Children’s Church is available at the Saturday Evening 6pm Service and the Sunday Morning 9:30am Service for children Preschool – 5th Grade. Please visit our Children’s Ministries section of this site to learn more.You are also welcome to include your children in our worship.
- Should I give at the offering?
- This is an opportunity in our service for us to be able to give back to God out of what He has first given to us. We do not expect visitors to participate, you may wish at first to learn more about our ministry before bringing your offerings to God through our church. But you are welcome to if you feel moved to express thankfulness to God for what He has done. We do ask that at the offering you fill out our yellow registration card and give us the opportunity to know that you worshiped with us.
- What is communion and do I participate?
- The Lord’s Supper is celebrated at this congregation in the confession and glad confidence that, as He says, our Lord gives into our mouths not only bread and wine but His very body and blood to eat and to drink for the forgiveness of sins and to strengthen our union with Him and with one another. Our Lord invites to this special meal for all who trust in His words, repent of all sin, and set aside any refusal to forgive and love as He forgives and loves us, that they may celebrate His resurrection and live their lives led by the Holy Spirit until He comes again to establish His new heaven and earth.
- If you have questions about our belief in this sacrament, don’t hesitate to speak with one of the Pastors, elder or an usher.
For further study, see 1 Corinthians 11:17-34
- How do I join Grace Lutheran Church?
- If you are a confirmed member of another Lutheran church, you can easily transfer your membership. You may phone the church office (760-745-0831) or indicate your desire on a yellow worship registration card and we will contact you.If you are not a confirmed Lutheran and will be received by transfer from another Christian denomination or by Baptism, you will need to take our new members class. This class explains the main teachings and practices of the Lutheran Church. It is offered several times a year and takes place on Sunday mornings.